SumoMe Email

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Mr. Steve Jobs.....You are a True Inspiration to us all

In 2005, Mr. Jobs addressed Stanford grads....."Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do," he told them.
"If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle. As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it. And, like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on."

This morning, I found myself sitting in my dark, lifeless house with out any children or electricity to connect with....literally.  I had tears.  I prayed.  I asked God to give me the tools I need to learn to be a fisherman....I don't want a handout.....I just need confirmation on my direction....I love writing....I love teaching....I love connecting with people....I want to make the world a better place.  The bible tells you to ask and you shall receive.  I have been.  I am still wondering...

As I waded through my storm torn lawn, I found the mailbox.  I picked up the mail....I didn't get it yesterday...it was a busy day for us.  I found a letter from my pastor.  How nice, I thought.  He was checking up on me...to make sure I'm o.k. (after that week of hell I went through).  He wasn't checking up on me.  It was the scholarship I had applied for.....to be a teacher.  I have been praying that if God got me that scholarship....that it would be a sign to me....to let me know my direction.

I have never been so grateful....so relieved....to see a piece of mail (let me tell you...I don't really want to read all the mail that comes in the box....seems that bills only find their way to our mailbox).  Not today.  Today, I got a ticket to the future. Now...a difficult road ahead to self teach a masters degree in teaching (on-line) (My time limit is up for the library p.c (our power is still out)....so...Ciao for now. L

No comments: