SumoMe Email

Monday, January 30, 2012

Ready, Set.......SSTOOOOOPPPP? or JUMP.....



"You can't be that kid standing at the top of the water slide, over thinking it.  You have to go down the chute." -Tina Fey Bossy Pants


I climbed to the top of the CVCS high dive.  I made it...to the top....I was gonna show them how awesome I was...I had the "it" bathing suit and so was making a stir....except, when I got there....it wasn't so easy.  It was windy.  It was high.  Everyone was watching...at least it looked like it....my friends were all watching and that mattered most.  I can't do this I thought....except the line waiters were getting anxious and I could feel they were about to yell up to me....which of course would be the most embarrassing thing ever....So I jumped.  It was all good.  But I never forgot that feeling. I also never forgot the feeling when I questioned another about what would happen if we did this impulsive thing I just blurted out.  That person said I don't know....just do it...and I did....and it sucked.  And then the plenty of times I just took a risk and ran with it and hot damn it was great.


Life does require time to think, time to stop and smell the roses.  We have fear for a reason.  If we weren't afraid of anything, we would do many crazy, inappropriate, dangerous and harmful things.  However, there does come a time where you either sh!# or get off the pot.  Times when you just go with your gut and other times you do the pro con analysis.  Little things.....you can just go with.  Big things....some times you just have to jump...and remember the roses are on the ground....but don't stop reaching for the stars.  Sometimes, it's better to have IT done, than to not have done at all.


Are you ready to see what is on the other side of that mountain?






Today, I learned to embrace fear and not banish it.

No comments: