SumoMe Email

Friday, January 7, 2011

Welcome to My Borland Country....

Out from the stacks of dust and fiction came a glorious reality book with my name on it (except I didn't write it) called Borland Country, by Hal Borland.  An old friend found it on one of her voyages.  It was published in 1971 not to long before he died, as the life Hal Borland saw; the life you see or might want to see.  It even has a picture that resembles Opie fishing in a pond, possibly in Mayberry, or maybe that's my son fishing or maybe even you.  Hal was like that.  He was a simple man.  He loved the country.

 My friend gave the book to me as a gift, a token of the future.  See, she knew I wanted to be a writer someday.  So her find was a true treasure for me.  I held on to that book for years before I became a writer.  My real name is L.Borland and today you are reading My Borland Country.

 Everyday, My Borland Country is blanketed with tranquil, white, falling snow.  The snow might be cold, but white is the absence of color.  Every time I see falling snow, I think of how Christ died for us and blanketed us with forgiveness, so that our sins would be absent from our hearts, at least when we try to get past St. Peter at those pearly gates of Heaven. Thank God for snow.  So, in the morning, I wake up thanking God for all my blessings and asking myself what color am I going to paint my day?  Do you ever ask yourself that question or do you let the grelin in your body answer for you?  If you have ever watched Dr. Oz, you might know that grelin is a thief that robs you of your energy when you don't feed your body properly.  (or was that Gremlin? No...)  3pm rolls around and grelin is on the rampage.  Fighting and kicking, riping and roaring.  Not in my country.  Today, I went from white to GREEN.  Green for life.  Green for veggies.  Mmmmm....I love veggies and I am happy to say so do my kids.  GREEN. FIBEROUS GREENs. Not to mention that color doesn't look too bad on me.  Don't forget your protein.  Grelin doesn't like it.  This way, you can wear your color all day, feel great and even make someone else feel good when you pass your color on to them.  Believe me, your color shines through everyday.  Show the world your true colors...go on, I DARE YOU!  Well, maybe we should practise first.  True colors start out ugly, but eventually find the yellow brick road to somewhere over the rainbow.

So, what color is your country today?  Have you blanketed any one's day with your white snow of forgiveness?  We all need it, we all want it, but sometimes it seems hard to give away.  Make today your WHITE day and blanket someone with your forgiveness. Tell us, what color did you chose today?

No comments: